emo Decisions to Make

More
2 months 1 week ago #1196

Roarke speaks again, "Though a little blunt, Amelia is right. I wouldn't bank on you being able to control it forever. Maybe at first, maybe for years, but sooner or later you'll go insane and Torashone won't be any better. This should be a simple choice my friend."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1197

George stares after Amelia for a while and then sighs “Much as I hate to admit it, I also think that the Blood Wench is right. You’re an amazing woman, Cat. But, that’s just too much power. Let’s say that you take on this task, what will happen the first time you see somebody heading out to abandon their baby in the woods? Or getting ready to kill their baby supposedly on your orders? Will you really be able to sit back and subtly nudge them to do the right thing? What if they don’t listen? Would you really be able to sit back and let an innocent baby die knowing that you have the power to save them? Let’s say that you manage to do it once. What about the next time? And the next time? And the next? What is they’re just too dedicated to what they believe to be the will of the witches to listen to something different? What if they catch on to what you’re trying to do and decide that you’re too radical to be the real Circe? What if they turn on you? Will you fight them? Kill them? Drive them back? Run away to avoid fighting them and leave them to their infanticide? You’ve been taking on a leadership role in this group lately, you know how hard it is to be a leader even just to us. And, while you’ve been doing a decent job, I can tell that you haven’t been enjoying it. Imagine trying to lead and radically change an entire country. You’ll grow frustrated, bitter, angry. And you’ll have the power to try to FORCE people to do what you say. . .” He shakes his head “It will destroy you.”

Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Ericaallred.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1199

Cat nods slowly, musing over the word as they come. "I'll think about this a bit longer," she says quietly, "You all make good points it's just... difficult to decide."

More
2 months 2 days ago #1200

Cairna had spent much of the time since the battle with Cersei in self imposed isolation. She had seen her companions make their way to the tavern and casually made her way to the broken window where she could sit and listen in peace.
As the conversation progressed her stomach turned. She couldn't stay silent any longer. "It's not your power to take. Nor is it the witches to give. The power of the Gods shouldn't be used to control the lives of mortals."
She stood, turned and grabbed the window frame and made her way into the tavern.
"Gods involving themselves in the day to day of our lives is not good for us or for them. Dursa's power creating the witches is proof enough for me." Cairna aproaches the bar and rummages for a clean glass and a full bottle. She ultimately gives up on the glass and finds a bottle that had some drink left.
She opens the bottle and takes a few good sized gulps, lowers the bottle and wipes her mouth with her sleave. "I'm going back home again. I still have some unfinished business, but I'll tell you this before I go. You take this power be prepared for someone to come for you like we came for the last one."

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds
Go to top