emo Decisions to Make

More
1 year 5 months ago #1189

“Isn’t she dead though? How would she become Circe if she died?”

Aoife’s voice is quiet. As though she’s silently praying she won’t be yelled at.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1190

"Yes, child, she is dead and yes she can still do it. The real Circe can bring her back to bestow the mantle on her." Amelia says it calmly and patiently.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1191

Relief in her eyes, Aoife simply nods.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1192

Rowena shifts into the seat next to Cat. “We need you Cat, we all need each other. It’s too much, you need to be there for your sister. What would Andrayus want you to do?”

More
1 year 5 months ago #1193

Cat waits patiently for each member of the group to speak, talking the liquor from Loch as he offers it and sipping it carefully. She muses over each of their answers, nodding slightly to herself as they speak as though she expected what they're saying, before Rowena gives her pause. Her eyes focus down, looking at the cup in her hands and her grip tightens slightly. "I don't know," she whispers, "What I do know is I could do a lot of good. From what I understand, the way it works is that Circe cannot choose another as long as I remain in Torashone. I don't think that any crone should take it, for the simple fact that they have often lived in the worst of Torashone life. It's easier for the pain they felt through their childhood to corrupt them and turn them against the people, just like the last Circe. Of all people, it needs to be someone who loves Torashone. I could use this. I could fix the infanticide. I could nudge people in the right direction: quietly, mind you. I wouldn't do it abruptly or I would just make myself and that power a target just like the others. I could keep control."

More
1 year 5 months ago #1194

"Thinking you could handle the insanity when no one else has in the past is arrogant. I've made my opinion known and I don't see myself changing my mind. I didn't know your friend, but if what Rowena said means something to you then maybe you should focus on that. Personally I would like to leave Torashone, so the fact that you mustn't be here seems easy enough to rectify from where I'm standing." Amelia stands up and looks to one of the others sitting at in the tavern, "Let me know what decision gets made. I have some personal matters to attend to." She gives Cat one more look and leaves the tavern.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Go to top