emo We Carry On ( Cat & Iiuk )

More
5 months 4 days ago #1104

Iiuk had found himself withdrawn since that encounter in the swamp. His mind dwelling on the manipulative words spouted by the vengeful ratze. He hated to admit just how deeply they had effected him. He had a great deal many years to go before that part of him would awaken. He doubted he'd live to see it in the first place. Granted, he still found himself thinking about it, what if? Green paint smudged across dirtied features, forest green staring out over the grassy planes. He'd wandered some distance from the camp, needing time to himself; time to think.Though the sound of movement draws his attention, glancing back to find Cat making her way up the shallow hill toward him. He nods to her, not seeming to mind her presence, though not addressing her or speaking either.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 days ago #1107

Catriona could sense the pain in the Duuntay'un as he made his way from camp. It was expression she had seen many times on her own face as she stared at her own reflection. Following him wasn't difficult - he clearly wasn't trying to not be followed - and when he stops at the top of the hill, she manages to catch up to him, lifting her skirts to keep them out of her way as she moves.

Cat hesitates, not saying anything for a few moments as they stand together, looking out at the scenery. After a moment of gathering her thoughts, Cat speaks, "You're still thinking about what happened in the swamp," she says quietly, "I've been with your group for only a few short months, but I can already tell that nearly dying isn't entirely unusual for all of you, so I doubt that that is what is bothering you. I've found that some of the best cures to inner pain is talking about it." She chuckles slightly at the irony, but the laugh is cold, with very little happiness to it. "What happened to you when that monster attacked?"

Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Catriona.

More
5 months 3 days ago #1109

Iiuk arches a brow at her, talk about your problems, it will help. How many times had he heard that? He shakes his head, it was more than apparent that no one in their group spoke much about their problems, to anyone, to begin with. Perhaps it was a group flaw. “ what is there to say? “ he counters before plopping down to sit on the grass. “ That monster...is very much what I could become. I’m not even human...and people fear which they don’t understand. You all accept me because I look human, I’m the Iiuk you’ve known from the beginning...but what if that changes? “ he folds his arms with a grim frown, shoulders slouching.

Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by SheWhoFights.

More
5 months 3 days ago #1110

Cat sighs slightly, putting her hands behind her back as she continues to look out from the hill, "Is that what it told you? That you would become like it someday?"

More
5 months 3 days ago #1126

" No. " he replies simply, " not...exactly. But it was rather certain how I'd be perceived when the time came that I became even less of a human and more of a ratze. " elbows find knees, chin finds palms, and a sigh escapes him. " An awakened Ratze, a ratze with the power to freely change it's shape as it wishes. That's what he'd become...having lived long enough to see the fate of others like me. The cruelty shown toward other ratze because they were no longer seen as a person, but rather a thing...monsters. tools. weapons even...I suppose in a way...I understood it? I understand why it had grown so bitter and hateful. Not that I agree with what it had done by devouring others. In the end...what it wanted was ratze to unify...to have the power to create a place for ratze to live without fear..." another sigh, it's apparent his defeat on the subject. " I'm still young...I still...feel human...mostly...I'm afraid of a time where I stop feeling human entirely. " it had become his greatest fear.

More
5 months 3 days ago #1129

((This thread is anti F.O.I.G. Metagame central.))

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds
Go to top