emo A Campfire Discussion

More
1 year 3 months ago #1106

Her eyes soften as she studies Andrayus’ face, a deep sorrow swelling within mingled with deep pain. “You are hurt by my words, I do not mean the offense. I speak of what I know, the blue mark of “hunter”. The name of his birth or his choosing is unknown to me, and I cannot affect the world to know it. As for this land, it was named later, after I was. Words I speak to finite beings are often difficult in ways I did not imagine, and have led to hurts I did not intend. I did not exist in the world as you do, even now I cannot exist in it as you do, or more I would do to fix what has been wrought by my failures.

“As for my daughter, that which you call Dahza, though she hates the man, their journeys are aligned. When the memories that are hers no longer were taken by the beasts that feed on the past, she lost her journey and the path she took to begin it. If she is reminded, she might return to it, and their journeys will realign.”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1108

(George looks thoroughly confused, concerned that a god seems to have possessed the body of one of his companions yet again, and intimidated at the realization that they’re literally speaking to an actual god.) “So . . . we shouldn’t help her regain her memory? I can understand how it might be better that way. I have absolutely no desire to remember anything more than I already do about my past life.”

More
1 year 3 months ago #1111

Her eyes turn to George and she smiles slightly, "Fear for your friend is not a necessity here. She is a willing vessel for me in a case where otherwise she would cease to be. When the land returns, so too shall she. I will not remain where she would also be present."

"For my daughter, memories will serve you well in your understanding, but will not serve you if you seek friendship. That is... if you seek to halt the disappearing and keep it from passing to elsewhere."

More
1 year 3 months ago #1112

Sin-Ya throws their head back in exasperation. "Every single thing you've said about Dahza has been a complete contradiction with what you've said!!! This is useless! What the $#@$#@% does friendship have to do with stopping this #@%$$#^@ mess?!"

More
1 year 3 months ago #1113

“I can see building frustration - especially from the Catriona. It’s been… quite a lot of time since I’ve heard such a stream of language generally called ‘unsavory’. Allow me to attempt to summarize? I hope clarity can come from it.”

The goddess contemplates for moments, mentally reviewing the conversation:

“I am not linear, as you are. Events in your future and your past are my present at all times, but even so, much of my ‘future’ is clouded from me because I am restricted to interacting with you as I am in your ‘now’. To attempt to clear it would risk causing rifts in the Journal of the Sun.”

“The names of many current people and places are beyond me, because so much is different from how I knew them. This place… I failed here. I gave a lesson on a subject that fascinated me; I wanted to share it with everyone. That knowledge was not something I should have passed along… countless died because of it and the shape of the land’s people was changed because of it.

“When the consequences of that lesson became known to me, I ceased my role as the teacher, as Du’ursa. She was someone I could no longer be. I did not find a place for myself for many, many years. As I am to you now, I have not found that role.. but in that role I will be called Cirra.

“My daughter, in relation to your time, was previously working with ‘the painted man’ - I continue to use that term for I don’t know the name he calls himself and wish to not verify information for you incorrectly - until she had many of her memories eaten. She is no longer aware that she worked with him or why she would have worked with him. If she remembers, she’ll regain that reason, but within that memory lies the reason she and the painted man, both, wish to perform these edits. They two fo them are too scattered for me to know much more of them, they are beyond the Journal of the Sun - too powerful for it to record them.

“If you wish her to remember, you will need to gain the services of someone who wields magic that did not exist until long after I was dead. Magic that can be used to extract one’s past and relay it. I do not know the word for the magic that allows this.

“The painted man is powerful in his own right, but would fall to one of the warlords of this land… Had he not claimed power that was not his. When beings that exceed the Journal of the Sun perish, they decay like any other living thing. But instead of deteriorating into food for larvae and vermin, they decay into objects of miasma that can be consumed by linear people like yourselves. He has collected many of these and consumed the miasma from them. Others certainly seek these objects of miasma, and HAVE sought after the one your collection of people possess. I don’t know where he is, but if you wish to lure him to you, unveil the object and he - and those others - will come.

“It is not the souls within this statue from the land of the young king - again, I would relay the name if I could - but the statue of itself that is the source of power for the edits being performed here. It is the power from that statue that allows your people,” She gestures to George,”to bind too and create bodies from. To remove the ritual’s binding from it, you would need to understand how it was bound. A fact that exists within Dahza’s devoured past.

“I am able to appear before you now because in these times, after I passed my strength to the seven of this land now feared as witches - Morai, Seti, Evanora, Circe, Mediena, Kryla, and Bergitta - I was no longer beyond the Journal of the Sun and appeared within it for a time. The waves caused by these edits allow me to manifest in someone who has pledged loyalty to one of these seven beings. I can reveal myself in other places, with varied access to my future and past, but these two conditions must be met. I must be weak enough to be represented in the Journal of the Sun, I must have someone who would disappear during the journal’s changes and is a willing vassal.”

More
1 year 3 months ago #1114

Torashone snaps back into existence. The cloak of dim light fades from around Catriona.

Tavian reappears directly in front of Andrayus with a shout, "The FUCK you mean you're dead?!"

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Go to top