emo Regarding Cedric's Dealings

More
1 year 3 months ago #1019

My dear companions,

Uredo and I have scanned through the notes of the deceased Cedric. Though clearly they have fallen prey to the changing text that plagues us, there are some strange occurances that need to be called out. Many of what appear to be altered names are the same as those that were given in the "prophesy" by the dying Yexel creature.

It appears Cedric had dealings with the following that appear in both the prophecy and the ledger:
* Corner of Silver
* Shadow of the Shadow
* Lonely Queen
* Children of the empire

These four are also ones that purchased "life size figurines" likely meaning petrified Ixians.

My previous theories that these were individuals from history seem incorrect as most of these transactions are a only a mere handful of years ago. It does not seem to be a far stretch to assume that these same names refer to the same people across both accounts. The coincidence seems far too strong.

I believe we may have some luck in following Cedric's trail. This is where our dear Daisy has led us in that request after all. Perhaps it is worth pursuing, though I am uncertain as to what end. It seems he was after an atlas, that the king of the Ixian's likely posesses. Since we are to meet with him soon we may be able to see what this is, and figure out where and what the "Shadow's temple" is.

Also, we seem to have heard S******t's name used before. Is anyone familair with Dahza? Are these interchangable names?

Additionally, I would like to make a rather selfish request. Can we please work on finding Daisy a body of her own so that she can stop moping in mine?

~Livia Finis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1020

ATTACHED COPY OF CEDRIC'S LEDGER:

The shadow of the shadow
Dozens of entries
A life-size royal complete figurine x2 2 years ago, 6 years ago
The empire, The tundra
A life-size figurine fragment x40 Spanning years
Rexerit wide
A life-size complete figurine x6 Spanning years
The early barbarian lands, the late barbarian lands
Site of the inner collapse, The seat of the seven matrons

Undead Merchant
1 entry
A life-size figurine fragment x1 Year and a half ago
DO NOT REPEAT BUSINESS

A transaction with a blank name
1 entry
Blank x1 15 years ago
In person

The Corner of Silver
1 entry
A life-size complete figurine x1 3/20
The mechanical markets

The lonely queen
6 entries of up to 2 years ago
A rare component x3 Up to 2 years ago
The empire
A life-size figurine fragment x2
In person, the empire
A life-size complete figurine x1
The empire

One of the prime sons of the empire
5 entries of up to 2 years ago
A life-size figurine fragment x5
The empire

One of the prime daughters of the empire
7 entries of up to 2 years ago
A life-size figurine fragment x5
The empire
A life-size complete figurine x1
The empire

Three eyed servant of the shadow of the shadow
Dozens of entries over the last 2 years
A component x52
A rare component x8
Cheap historical artifact Dozens

Disgraced master of war
4 Entries beginning last September
Expensive historical artifact x4

Teacher of Loss
3 Entries
A priceless component x1 14 years ago
In person
An expensive historical artifact x1 5 years ago
In person
An expensive historical artifact x1 2 years ago
In person

Sibling to the Teacher of Loss
1 Entry
An expensive historical artifact x1 1 year ago
In person

((The following each have numerous entries, dominated by components and historical artifacts:))

One of the sons of the empire
One of the daughters of the empire
University Instructor
Three-eyed Collector
Root Collector
Peninsula Collector

The rest of the Shadow’s books are in Ixia, probably stolen during the war with Claft. Too deep to safely get to without use of the Ixian Atlas. Dahza’s (Seauset’s?) “progress” with historical re-expansion should let me access it.
Note to self: continuing to play with things not understood - while advantages - will continue to yield unexpected results. Damnit Cedrick, you don’t know “when” these Ixians are, and the expedition force is rightfully suspicious.

Ironic… the same power that petrifies Ixians is the source of their capacity to be magical components when petrified. THESE Ixians can’t be petrified as long as they’re close to the source… as what would be petrifying them is being siphoned into the snapping. This re-expansion has become self-sustaining. Whoops.

Their leader possesses the atlas - though they have no clue what it is or allows access to.
Note to self: Trick the atlas out of them, jump inside, look for the Shadow’s temple. Find and sell the information in his books… If this is ACTUALLY the first set of them, I’m going to be very rich. I wonder if I can track down that merchant again…

The source of the Ixian petrification is intelligent and is NOT happy that there is a community of Ixians that isn't suffering from it. DON'T be around when whatever it is comes calling.'
THAT all seems like something we should be concerned with.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1021

ATTACHED COPY OF YEXEL PROPHESY:

'Dreaming mist affixes web woven of golden silk.

Only if the formless give shape to the willowed ancestors will Blight, brought to the desert by the Corner of Silver, not find its way home to the seeds of the sovreign tree beneath whose shade the shadow of the shadow fell before the lonely queen who abandoned her inheritance -- impeding the quest of the children of her mother and waking again the whispers of the ancients who, in the voice of the one human Ver'er, will shatter Volkar, allowing the edge of morning freedom to become whole and hunt the cusp of evening, bringing the jealous one its due.

All the while, dreaming mist affixes web woven of golden silk.

(The above words can be cited three times, each followed by one of the following lines in sequence)

Once stated, the angelic cogs turn in idea.

Twice stated, the angelic cogs turn in theory.

Thrice stated, the angelic cogs turn in fact.'

More
1 year 3 months ago #1022

FabricatedGeek wrote:

Additionally, I would like to make a rather selfish request. Can we please work on finding Daisy a body of her own so that she can stop moping in mine?

~Livia Finis

How's she feel about Ixians?

More
1 year 3 months ago #1023

I think my brains just dripped out of my head. I feel like I just jumped into a puddle and sank into an ocean. There's quite alot of implications in that ledger. What is this atlas that one "jumps" into? I have a hundred questions but no answers, I guess we must press forward.

As far as finding a body for Daisy, I've been contemplating this as well and I cannot think of a moral way to do so. Perhaps if we knew more about the mechanisms that she uses to transfer herself into hosts? I think we need a skilled ritualist to ask. Are we continuing to use her pseudonym to avoid confusion?

I'm not a learned man, nor am I well versed in history so I'll do what I can to aid you all but I find that my skill sets are inadequate to solve these mysteries.

~Andrayus

More
1 year 3 months ago #1024

I am not certain about the atlas. I figure we can attempt to get it from the Ixian king which we have a meeting with soon. I assume we can likely request it as payment for some work or information as usual.

As for the body, she did mention something about someone who could maybe help. A cousin or something? Or was that one not familial? It was hard to listen in from the background.

~Livia Finis

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds
Go to top